“Killing floor” refers specifically to the noted Chicago gruesome slaughterhouse areas where gore reigned (and I dont mean Al) and where septic infections from cuts caused death. Read “The Jungle” by Upton Sinclair. As legendary blues giant Howlin' Wolf intended it, it signifies entrapment in any such hellish environment, i.e. itself, war, misery, evil — it's been expressed in all these ways by the bands that covered Wolf, as this one does, moreso here emphasising the rocking melody. See my 99 iconic photos of Howlin' Wolf at www.howlingwolfphotos.com I was Wolf's great friend and photographer, as well as music student.
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Tim’s solo spot
- Blues Volcano headline act Castle Bytham festival
- BB King dies at 89
- Tomorrow!! Blues Volcano blast at Pear Tree, Stamford
- Whiskey in the Jar
- This saturday at the Cherry Tree, Peterborough
- The Blues Volcano gets it’s own Ale!
- Golden Pheasant at Etton, roasted nicely by the Blues Volcano this Saturday
- Drummers and holes in the wall
- 2468 Motorway at the Chameleon Music Bar